Sunday, February 17, 2008

Generosity, wii on the Road, Birthday, Mari, & Brew Crew

Right now I (Dave) have a heavy heart ... whatever that means. I am just aware of friends who are experiencing pain and loss that I can't comprehend. Below is a recap of our weekend ... it is a little random and brief. I guess I'm writing this intro more for me, but for all the things that are written below, I think it's important to remember who God is and what He has done. I want to remind myself that God exists, He sent His Son to die for my sins, and that He rewards those who seek Him. God has been very good to Mari and me this week, and I need to remember that His goodness is not dependent on cool gifts or fun weekends.

Due to the generosity of my Mom, Mari and I were able to avoid transferring to windows vista. We purchased a new apple iMac. Thank you Mom for this great gift!!!! We also used gift certificates that we received from my Dad's friends. Back in July my Dad threw a party for Mari &myself. The people who attended also contributed to our new iMac. So, thank you Dad and V also for throwing the party!

Here's my cute Mom w/ a great smile. We had lunch together at Panera after Church.
Here it is ... Mari likes the screen savers.

On Friday Mari and I headed over to Gene's house to hang out and play the wii.

Here are two of God's great creations ... the wii and fire.

February 9th was my Dad's birthday, but Mari and I drove up to see him on Sunday. We had a great time.

My Dad plays the saxophone and I teach trumpet, so we played "Old Joe Clark," a song my students performed at a recent concert.
Mari and Cleo pose for the camera.
One of the cool things about my wife is that she irons our sheets ... and pillow cases.

One of the women in our Care Group has a niece who has cancer. Just wanted to solicit your prayers for the Brewer family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for asking for prayers for little Sarah! Oh and I can't believe you iron your sheets!!! When can I bring mine over?