Friday, January 18, 2008

New Tech Toy & Transferring to the Dark Side ...

At one of my schools I received an interwrite interactive white board. I used the below screen to teach a variety of musical concepts, one of which being "Pick-up notes" and the students loved it. They all asked if they could use the cool "interwrite" pens to write on the staff and I told them no, maybe next week. I look forward to using this new tool/toy.
Now, about the dark side ... After years of being a committed Apple user (has everyone seen the macbook air?) I will be purchasing a Microsoft Windows computer. There is something that almost makes me sick about the idea, but since Mari and I are hoping to buy a house, which means saving money, it seems like we will have to be content with a lesser computer. Actually, I am excited to get a new machine because that means Mari and I will have a good computer over the summer (during the year I have a real computer from PGCPS). We will probably get a Dell with Vista Home Premium.

No comments: