Saturday, December 8, 2007

PG Update

What is it like to teach Instrumental Music in PG county? Well, it is great. Most of the time I'm tempted to complain about my job, but today there is nothing but gratefulness. In my youth I had the dream that I could change the world through music. As I've gotten older, God has helped me to see that the only way to change the world is through the gospel of Jesus Christ. But I still dream that I could use music to brighten peoples lives. Today, God gave me the opportunity to do just that. I had the privilege to take 20 of my Wind students and 10 String students to Independence Court, a retirement home in Hyattsville MD. The students were able to perform outside of their school and the residents at Independence Court received a concert. My students got the better end of the deal, because not many people want to hear 2nd year elementary students play their instruments (unless Ben Chouinard teaches them). Anyway, it was a great time today and I'm grateful to be a Prince Georges County instrumental music teacher. Check out the pics below.

Me, the students (blurred for their protection), and some residents.

Not only am I grateful for the concert today, but PG uses 'real' computers ...

This is one of my classrooms.

No comments: